Merry Christmas, everyone! I just wanted to thank all of you for tuning in this month for my Bookish Little Christmas event! And thanks to my author and blogger friends for writing guest posts, and to the publishers for giving me some Christmas books to review. I definitely had a fun time, and I hope you did too! If you missed any of my posts, go check out the schedule of events.
I hope you all enjoy your day with family and friends. Eat lots, give, receive, and report back to me with a huge list of books you got! I know I'll be busy with all of mine. Now that my Christmas event has come to an end, I'll be posting sporadically for the rest of the year. It's been a super busy month, and I need a break! I've still got a post or two up my sleeve, but I'll be back in full swing in 2013!
Today is Tuesday! I'm posting my top ten favorite things about Christmas (yeah, not so bookish... but seriously.).
(TTT at The Broke and the Bookish is a freebie for today.)
1. The decorations. My entire house looks like Santa's workshop exploded. There's lighted villages, a jam-packed Christmas tree, nativities, and poinsettias everywhere. Plus, there's like a million colored lights and snowflakes outside.
2. The music. I am such a sucker for Christmas music! It's all I listen to from Thanksgiving day on.
3. The smells. I love the smell of Christmas trees, gingerbread, sugar cookies, hot chocolate, sparkling grape juice, and Christmas dinner cooking in the kitchen.
4. Giving to others. I start Christmas shopping in July! I love spending hours and hours trying to figure out what my friends and family would get giddy over.
5. Baking. I love making elaborate Christmas cookies!
6. Everyone is so much nicer and happier.
7. The snow. I LOVE SNOW.
8. The books! I love Christmas books, but especially the ones I grew up reading. We have a huge basket that we bring out every year full of Christmas picture books. I love pulling out my favorites and reading them by the fire.
9. Red and green. I wear so much red and green during the Christmas season. I paint my nails, I have this huge collection of Christmas jewelry, and we can't forget my bright red patent leather pumps.
10. Time off work! I love having time off to spend with my family. :)
What do you love about Christmas? And if you don't celebrate Christmas, do you celebrate another holiday? Tell me about it, and have a wonderful day!